On the third day of Fitness, HH Fitness brought to me a 20lb slim down plan!
I really hope you are enjoying the start of our 12 days of fitness emails. The third day is a special email because I give you a plan to help you lose up to 23 pounds in the New Year.
How would you like to be 23 pounds lighter 6 months from now?
23 pounds comes out to about 1 to 2 pants size.
Can you image how you would look 2 sizes smaller? You’d look like a whole new, younger person.
It’s actually much easier than you think.
I’m not talking about invasive, costly surgery, dangerous pills or potions, or grueling routines.
All it takes is losing one pounds each week. One measly pound!
Hang with me for a minute and I will break it down mathematically. A pound is approximately 3,500 calories—spread that over 7 days and you need a 500 calorie deficit each day to lose 1 pound in a week.
Your 500 calorie deficit can be done by a combination of increased calorie exertion (exercise) as well as a decrease in calories consumed (eating less).
Follow these steps:
- First, record your normal weekly exercise – look at everything from walking to participating in sports to using resistance bands at home to exercising with HH Fitness. This is your starting point. From here you’ll need to burn an additional 3500 calories on top of your normal weekly exercise.
If you don’t currently exercise, then any new activity will count towards your 3500 calorie weekly goal.
- Second, record your normal weekly food intake – this may be an eye-opener when you see how many calories you eat in a day. Record everything honestly, since you are only cheating yourself by not recording everything. Calculate the total number of calories that you eat in an average day.
- Now divide the 3500 calories between your activity list and your food list. You could choose to eliminate 1000 calories each week and burn off an additional 2500. Or you may decide to burn 3000 calories and eat 500 fewer calories.
Here are 7 simple ways to cut 250 calories:
- Drink plain coffee instead of a sweetened holiday coffee drink. Flavored coffee drinks are delicious but filled with way too much sugar. Drop 250 calories (or more) when you stick with plain coffee or tea instead of sugar-filled holiday coffee drinks.
- Just say NO! to the holiday treats. A single slice of fruitcake may seem innocent enough, besides everyone is eating them at the office meeting, why shouldn’t you? You know that all those holiday treats are packed with fat and calories. For each tempting treat that you refuse to eat, imagine the 250 calories falling off of your waistline, and smile to yourself.
- Jog for 30 minutes. Want in on a little secret? The hardest part about a simple 30 minute jog is the act of getting your shoes on and walking out the door. It’s true!
- Exchange 20 oz of regular soda for water. You know that soda is filled with tons of sugar, so why are you still drinking it? Every time you crave an ice cold cola picture swallowing spoonfuls of white sugar. That’s probably the easiest way to weight gain. Stick with water and kiss those extra calories goodbye.
- Swim laps for 30 minutes. If your response to my jogging suggestion was ‘I have bad joints’, then you are in luck. Swimming is one of the best aerobic activities you can do, and it is impact-free. When you swim you recruit your entire body, a process which requires lots of energy—AKA calories.
- Eat an apple instead of a cookie. Do you always go for something sweet after dinner? While your first instinct may be to reach for a cookie or a bowl of ice cream, why not consider what nature has to offer? Fruit is sweet, natural and lower in calories than traditional desserts.
- Come give my fitness routine a try. I have the whole calorie-burning equation down to a science, and I’d love nothing more than to help you achieve your fitness goal. My workouts have been known to burn up to 1000 calories at a time, so what are you waiting for? (FYI – if you are beginner we have a plan for you)
Losing 23 pounds in 6 months is very possible. Simply use the tips above to create your daily 500 calorie deficit and you’ll be shedding the weight in no time.
And if you’d rather have me do most of the work for you, then call (512.348.7388) or email (HeathHerrera@HHFitness.com) to set up your no obligation consultation.
When you work with me, there’s a good chance that those 23 pounds will come falling off in less than 6 months. That wouldn’t be so bad, would it?
“Help us to love because You first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19
Committed to your health,
Heath Herrera, M.Ed., CSCS, YFS1
HH Fitness , Inc.
P.S. – The Fit Not Fat after the Holidays program will be available until December 16th. This program is just for you to start 2017 with a bang. Sign-up HERE and we will contact you to schedule your evaluation. OFFER EXPIRES DECEMBER 16TH!
Co-authored book – Group Training Playbook
Get the best in nutritional supplements from our friends at Prograde – Heath’s Prograde Page
Follow HH Fitness On Facebook – HH Fitness Facebook Page