HH Fitness Corporate Wellness Program
The HH Fitness Corporate Wellness Program is a joint venture that brings over 40 years of combined experience to the forefront of corporate wellness programming achieving the effective and lasting results that business owners demand.
We have fine tuned this program for current businesses to transform their largest asset into healthier, more productive employees.
We have a vision to help companies improve their bottom line, benefit the communities they embrace, and nurture the relationships they value.
The Business Owner Dilemma
Many business owners struggle to find the balance between their business budgets and their employees well-being. The spiraling cycle of rising health insurance costs, business taxes, unproductive employees, create mountains of paperwork and a drain on their time. With over 41% of American workers mired in chronic illness and the complexity of insurance programs to deal with, business owners are caught in the middle. Their bottom line really shows the effects.
Business owners who supplied good and useful wellness information to their employees and the occasional speaker saw some positive changes, yet not the lasting results they wanted. Without action nothing much changes. The keys to that action are exercise and proper nutrition. Business owners need support in helping their employees become more engaged in their own healthcare.
How does your workforce compare to the national average?
Statistically if there are 100 people in a company…
- 1 uses cocaine
- 5 are being treated for diabetes
- 10 drink alcohol heavily
- 10 have high blood pressure
- 10 have diabetes (5 don’t know they have it)
- 25 smoke cigarettes
- 25 have high cholesterol
- 25 have heart disease
- 30 are overweight by more than 20%
- 50 feel they are under moderate stress
These unhealthy lifestyles and habits all contribute to the escalation of healthcare costs. In addition they result in decreased productivity and increased injury and absenteeism. Most are the result of treatable illnesses, conscious decisions, inadequate information and ignorance.
Source: United Health Foundation and American Public Health Association Annual Report, Presented December 2005 and The Wellness Councils of America. Healthy, Wealthy and Wise: Fundamentals of Workplace Health Promotion, p.24 1995
The bottom line is that without proper exercise and nutrition,
our bodies slowly break down into a state of disease.
Why The HH Fitness Corporate Wellness Program Makes Sense
– In order to manage the 10,000 steps per day recommended by walking advocates, workers who remain sedentary during their work day would have to spend most of their evenings in motion.
– The U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services has found that without access to fruits and vegetables on the job, a working adult would have to eat 1-2 cups of fruits or vegetables every waking hour after work to meet the recommended 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups daily.
– 1/3 of the average employee day is spent working, 1/3 sleeping and the other 1/3 trying to catch up and do all the normal everyday things, some fun things, have a social life and some down time. A reason often given for lack of exercise is “no time”.
With our Corporate Wellness Program in place at your company, there is time because they don’t have to travel anywhere extra. If the business has showers available, we find that using the first half hour for exercise and the last half hour for them to clean up, change and eat their lunch works best (for an onsite exercise program). For a business without showers available, immediately after work is usually the norm.